PDA

View Full Version : How did you learn QT 4 ?

pshah.mumbai
2nd January 2008, 12:02
Please post...

calhal
2nd January 2008, 12:22
I didn't. I'm still learning :p

jacek
2nd January 2008, 18:58
There ain't no pills for that, you just have to read a lot and practice a lot. First learn C++, then read the tutorial (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/tutorial.html).

high_flyer
2nd January 2008, 22:15
There ain't no pills for that
ah... but wouldn't it be great if there was? ;)

jacek
2nd January 2008, 23:39
I think that the world would be a very boring place then.

calhal
3rd January 2008, 14:34
Where's the pleasure of doing something that everyone can do (there are few exceptions of course ;) )

wysota
4th January 2008, 07:54
I didn't. I'm still learning :p

Same here :)

Red or blue one? :) And remember, there is no spoon.

And a little bit more seriously - I started answering questions at The Other Qt forum. Lots of reading the reference and a bit of experimenting led to a quick rise of skills.

high_flyer
4th January 2008, 09:51
And a little bit more seriously - I started answering questions at The Other Qt forum. Lots of reading the reference and a bit of experimenting led to a quick rise of skills.
Same here - I must say, that dealing with problems of others made a huge push to my knowledge - so if you want to get better, try sovling problems of others as well.
And we are all still learning - its a never ending process.

wysota
4th January 2008, 13:01
Especially that each time you think you are starting to understand pretty much, Trolltech adds a new module to Qt and the whole thing starts from the beginning ;)

calhal
5th January 2008, 10:47
Especially that each time you think you are starting to understand pretty much, Trolltech adds a new module to Qt and the whole thing starts from the beginning
Oh Witek, I thought new Qt module is mor fun for you, not starting the whole thing from the very beginning :p

wysota
5th January 2008, 11:00
Take a look at the WebKit module and then we'll have this conversation again :)

BTW. When you are done, take a look at Widgets On Canvas, QtConcurrent, QNetworkAccessManager, Phonon, QtHelp and Patternist. They are new additions to Qt since 4.4 as well...

The next big release will probably be 4.6, probably introducing such things as a new MVC (aka ItemViewsNG) architecture and probably a few more as well, so again many new things to learn. I'm starting to worry Qt is getting too complex for a single product.

Gopala Krishna
8th January 2008, 09:34
What is QtHelp ? seems to be interesting..

jpn
8th January 2008, 09:37
What is QtHelp ? seems to be interesting..
Latest Qt (4.4) unstable snapshot: QtHelp Module (http://doc.trolltech.com/main-snapshot/qthelp.html)

wysota
8th January 2008, 10:36
It's in TP1 as well.

lyuts
28th May 2008, 15:30
I met Qt (for the first time) at my first work. I've been a student at that time. We were working on a billing system. The GUI was done with Qt. It was Qt 3.3.4. It seemed very interesting for me. (And it is =) ). Later I started using Qt for my own purposes. I switched to Qt 4. I'm still learning it. Qt is the best...