PDA

View Full Version : QVariant types support for custom properties

Dusdan
9th January 2006, 15:01
Hi there,

I'm writing a custom plugin for the designer and I need QList properties, but at the moment not all the QVariant type are handled in QAbstractFormBuilder::createProperty (tools/designer/src/lib/uilib/abstractformbuilder.cpp:1247): when can we expect a full implementation of QVariant types? maybe in Qt 4.1.1?

axeljaeger
9th January 2006, 19:50
What exactly do you want to do? Can you give us an example of one of the properties you plan?

Dusdan
9th January 2006, 23:18
What exactly do you want to do? Can you give us an example of one of the properties you plan?I have to store a variable number of QColor and QString values, so I defined the properties as QVariant, and internally represent them as QList<QVariant>, but when the designer is going to save them it says that writing properties of type QVariant::List is not implemented yet (from within the method I mentioned in the first post)

axeljaeger
10th January 2006, 15:55
I think this is not (yet) possible with Designer.

Dusdan
10th January 2006, 16:44
I think this is not (yet) possible with Designer.I know that it's not possible, I was wondering when it will be. I wrote my own configuration window for my widget and I would like to save QList properties in the ui file, but Designer says that QList are not implemented yet.

wysota
10th January 2006, 17:57
Do you have to implement that through properties?

Dusdan
11th January 2006, 00:59
Do you have to implement that through properties?Yes, because I want to store them in the ui

wysota
11th January 2006, 01:52
I'm not familiar with Designer 4 mechanisms regarding setting custom ways of defining properties, but with Designer 3 one could for example edit QListView columns using a built-in editor and this information was saved in the ui too. Can't you do it this way? Or does it involve using these listed properties too?

Dusdan
11th January 2006, 09:46
I'm not familiar with Designer 4 mechanisms regarding setting custom ways of defining properties, but with Designer 3 one could for example edit QListView columns using a built-in editor and this information was saved in the ui too. Can't you do it this way? Or does it involve using these listed properties too?I don't know how the designer saves the data in this case, if I had some time I'd take a look at the code (since the documentation isn't helping me)

Dusdan
11th January 2006, 10:55
for the moment I solved the problem joining data in a QString, but I think this feature should definitely be implemented.