PDA

View Full Version : creation of installable file

jjbabu
9th January 2008, 11:58
Hi to all,

i want to convert my exe file to instalable file in Qt,is there any procedure?

plz provide any tutorial abt this issue.:(

thanx in advance

wysota
9th January 2008, 12:39
What do you mean by "instalable file in Qt"?

jjbabu
9th January 2008, 12:48
Hi,

installable file means CREATION OF SETUP FILE.

i developed one qt project,now i want to run this on another system which is not having Qt software,for that purpose am asking to convert my project file to set up file.

thanx in advans.

wysota
9th January 2008, 13:01
But what does Qt have to do with this? Use a regular installer creator, like the one here: http://nsis.sourceforge.net

xEsk
9th January 2008, 15:21
Or you can compile your project using the static Qt library.

brent99
11th March 2008, 05:17
But what does Qt have to do with this? Use a regular installer creator, like the one here: http://nsis.sourceforge.net

I appreciate your answer because I had the same question, but it would have been nicer just to say, "Qt doesn't have an installation package builder, but you can use this program on sourceforge." The question clearly was a reasonable QT question to those of us trying to build and distribute complete applications using QT. :rolleyes:

wysota
11th March 2008, 10:32
I appreciate your answer because I had the same question, but it would have been nicer just to say, "Qt doesn't have an installation package builder, but you can use this program on sourceforge." The question clearly was a reasonable QT question to those of us trying to build and distribute complete applications using QT. :rolleyes:

The reason for me being "upset" with such questions is that people treat Qt as some special entity encapsulating the whole universe whereas it is just a set of programmer's libraries. You can use every method in every context allowed to be used with any C++ (or Java or Python or whatever other language you use with Qt) application. Sorry if I felt mean, it's just another case of "Qt is not a programming language" section.

I think we have to get that into the FAQ or something...