PDA

View Full Version : terminal widget

kernel_panic
9th January 2008, 15:46
Hi.
I need a terminal widget. Something that looks and works like a linux terminal or a windows cmd. Is there something like that written in c++ or even qith Qt?

wysota
9th January 2008, 18:19
Well... there are xterm, eterm, konsole and many other terminal software available. Choose which one suits you best. Or maybe I don't understand your question :)

kernel_panic
10th January 2008, 16:16
i ment a pure Qt terminal. konsole is kde. it shall work under windows and mac, too.

pherthyl
10th January 2008, 18:07
Of course if you feel like hacking around with kdelibs, it should work with Windows and Mac as well.

wysota
10th January 2008, 23:31
i ment a pure Qt terminal. konsole is kde. it shall work under windows and mac, too.

Don't expect such solution to be available. Unix terminals use termio structures which are not available under Windows and Windows cmd has nothing to do with a real terminal. It's just a window that displays some text in a crude way. The term "pseudo terminal" fits it more than the real pseudo terminals ;)

If you want a "portable" solution, you'll have to reduce your expectations to a "window displaying some text".

If you just need a terminal, go for putty or an xterm (or similar) running under cygwin. But of course it will run sh or family and not command.com

kernel_panic
11th January 2008, 17:43
no, i ment a widget that "shows text in a crude way" like you said.
there shall be no function, except the way the widget displays text.

wysota
11th January 2008, 23:29
So what is wrong with QTextBrowser?

kernel_panic
13th January 2008, 08:05
not really.
atm i use qtextbrowser. but its a terminal app for accesing an embedded system. its a linux system. i use a qtextbrowser for displaying incoming text and a qlineedit for typing commands. But this doesnt look fine. I want this app to look like xterm or konsole and act like them. and i have to do some translations from vt100 and to vt100.

kernel_panic
13th January 2008, 08:15
ok now i got it working somehow. i use a widget, catch key events and translate the key events to vt100 commands. i use a buffer string where i put in received data. my only problem now is, that apps like vi arent displayed well. everytime i type a in sth in vi, i display a new view. instead of deleting the old view and than displaying the new. this means if i type 3 letters in vi, i display 3 different vi outputs.

un-defined
12th May 2008, 11:49
Look at qtermwidget.sourceforge.net

Robson Ramiro
27th August 2009, 14:30
Can you get success with QtermWidget ?

I´m trying to use pdCurs, http://pdcurses.sourceforge.net/, it´s appears to me a good way, but if there are a Qt Way I prefer, for sure!

CLRS530
21st November 2009, 14:08
http://code.google.com/p/qterminalwidget/

It's only a start yet but works on unix and windows.
If you are interested to help - you are welcome to join.