PDA

View Full Version : Doubt about QFileDialog::getOpenFileName(), etc...

xEsk
10th January 2008, 03:26
Hi,

I have a doubt about QFileDialog::getOpenFileName() (and other open/save dialogs) in Windows XP (using the XP theme).

Why these dialogs: getOpenFileName(), getOpenFileNames(), getSaveFileName() are not displayed with the current Windows XP theme (instead of display them using the classic theme!)... and why the getExistingDirectory() dialog use the current windows theme!? :confused:

I don't like see the program using the windows XP theme and the open/save dialogs using the windows classic theme! :mad:

Best regards, hehe!

ChristianEhrlicher
10th January 2008, 06:41
I would say - RTM: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qfiledialog.html#details

The easiest way to create a QFileDialog is to use the static functions. On Windows, these static functions will call the native Windows file dialog, and on Mac OS X these static function will call the native Mac OS X file dialog.

xEsk
10th January 2008, 12:52
Yes, I supoused all the time which these dialogs were native, but it don't exlpain why these dialogs aren't displayed with the current windows theme.

In Delphi (for example) these dialogs are displayed using the current windows theme, and they are native dialogs too.

Is possible add a Windows XP Manifest file into the Qt program (compiled statically)? It should fix the "problem", no?

Best regards!