PDA

View Full Version : Form Engine?

WinchellChung
10th January 2008, 14:43
Another silly newbie question here.

My client wants a simple application creator. They have a department staffed by non-technical artists types. They want to be able to create simple applications that are not much more than "display screen B when you push button A", and some simple data capture ("type in your name and push the NEXT button")

What I am thinking is that their department could create each screen with Qt Designer, and I could write a sort of "form engine" based around QUiLoader. I could make some species of XML file that would specify button functionality.

So the engine would automatically load screen001.ui. The engine would use automatic connections to link the buttons to functions. And the functions would alter their functionality as per the xml file.

So:
[1] is this a viable solution or are there difficulties that I am unaware of which will render this approach worthless?

[2] has anybody already tried this?

wysota
10th January 2008, 14:51
It's fine. You may use automatic connections and/or tell your users to make connections using Designer. You may use the meta-type capabilities to perform some things automatically, just like Qt itself does.