PDA

View Full Version : QTableView, QSortFilterProxyModel and relational SQL model?

ucntcme
11th January 2008, 01:02
I've got a table view that I would like to allow filtering, editing and still use the relation sql table model I'm using.

When I set the views model to the source model, I get the dropdown box for foreign keys as I should. Thus I know the underlying code regarding relation modeling works. But when I change it to the QSortFilterProxyModel instance, the dropdown boxes go away.

Is it possible using standard Qt to achieve this? I'd prefer to keep it pretty standard.

If not doable using standard stuff, what all would be involved in making it work?

wysota
11th January 2008, 13:26
Could we see the code? What exactly does the proxy filter out?

ucntcme
12th January 2008, 22:16
Here is the source model setup:

//setup All Rules model
allRulesModel = new QSqlRelationalTableModel;
allRulesModel->setTable("rules");
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(0,Qt::Horizontal, tr("Rule ID"));
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(1,Qt::Horizontal, tr("Request Id"));
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(2,Qt::Horizontal, tr("Condition"));
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(3,Qt::Horizontal, tr("Trigger"));
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(4,Qt::Horizontal, tr("Action"));
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(5,Qt::Horizontal, tr("Action Data"));
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(6,Qt::Horizontal, tr("Start On"));
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(7,Qt::Horizontal, tr("End on"));
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(8,Qt::Horizontal, tr("State"));
allRulesModel->setHeaderData(9,Qt::Horizontal, tr("Notes"));
allRulesModel->setEditStrategy(QSqlTableModel::OnManualSubmit);
allRulesModel->setRelation(2,QSqlRelation("ruleconditions","condition","condition"));
//allRulesModel->setRelation(3,QSqlRelation("ruletriggers","ruletrigger","ruletrigger"));
//allRulesModel->setRelation(8,QSqlRelation("requeststates","state","state"));
allRulesModel->select();

Lines 16 and 17 were commented out while trying to narrow down the problem. No difference if they are not commented out.

and the filtermodel and view setup:

// setup All rules view
allRulesFilterModel = new QSortFilterProxyModel;
allRulesFilterModel->setSourceModel(allRulesModel);
//TODO: restore filter model when working properly
ruleSearchResults_tableView->setModel(allRulesFilterModel);
//ruleSearchResults_tableView->setModel(allRulesModel);
ruleSearchResults_tableView->setItemDelegate(new QSqlRelationalDelegate(ruleSearchResults_tableView ));
ruleSearchResults_tableView->hideColumn(5);
ruleSearchResults_tableView->hideColumn(9);
ruleSearchResults_tableView->horizontalHeader()->stretchLastSection();

The filter (in one of the views) filters based on the requestid colum (clicking a row in a QTableView sets the filter text), and in the other I have a QComboBox and QLineEdit to allow the user to search in various columns, or none at all to show all of the rules. If I use line 6 instead of 5 in the second code block, it works fine. Other than not filtering of course.

wysota
12th January 2008, 23:19
I just had a look at the source code. It looks like QSqlRelationalDelegate won't work with a proxy because it expect the model to be QSqlRelationalTableModel. So you need to implement a similar delegate yourself, for example by copying the code and injecting the pointer to the relational model with another method.

frido
11th January 2009, 21:28
I just had a look at the source code. It looks like QSqlRelationalDelegate won't work with a proxy because it expect the model to be QSqlRelationalTableModel. So you need to implement a similar delegate yourself, for example by copying the code and injecting the pointer to the relational model with another method.

I know this is 1 year old theme, but can you post some more details about this delegate implementation.

I came across the same problem. I'm using QDataWidgetMapper. It works great with QSqlRelationalTableModel, but now I'd like to set filter to the model and don't want to use setFilter(), becuase it would querry again my database. If I use QSortFilterProxyModel I can't use relations in mapper.

Is therre any way to subclass QSortFilterProxyModel to use relations or something?

Lynoure
11th March 2010, 20:51
Frido, what's your situation with this problem? I just ran into it myself and will probably start untangling it for myself in near future.

sinanceylan
22nd November 2011, 03:53
I know this is 1 year old theme, but can you post some more details about this delegate implementation.

I came across the same problem. I'm using QDataWidgetMapper. It works great with QSqlRelationalTableModel, but now I'd like to set filter to the model and don't want to use setFilter(), becuase it would querry again my database. If I use QSortFilterProxyModel I can't use relations in mapper.

Is therre any way to subclass QSortFilterProxyModel to use relations or something?

I see this is very old thread. But maybe this will help somebody.
There is a working subclass on this link that solves that problem
http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/QSqlRelationalDelegate_subclass_that_works_with_QS qlRelationalTableModel