PDA

View Full Version : QGLWidget Redraws

ToddAtWSU
21st January 2008, 15:54
I have a program running on Windows XP with Qt 4.3. In the program we open multiple windows each with 2-7 QGLWidgets. We have multiple monitors meaning we can spread these windows across our workspace so we can see them all at once without having any of the windows on top of each other. When we click on one window to make it active and then click on another window to make it now active, the window always redraws. Some of the windows have a lot of data displayed and they take up to 10-15 seconds to redraw the scene. Is there a way to keep windows from redrawing if we make them active and there were no other windows currently lying on top of them? In these instances there is no need to redraw since the whole window was visible before and nothing has changed by just making the window active. Thanks!

ToddAtWSU
24th January 2008, 14:35
Anybody have any ideas? I have been struggling with this for a while now...thanks!

amnesiac
24th January 2008, 17:19
Maybe visibleRegion () helps. If it is the same than the widgets dimension and you are sure all content is properly drawn you can exit immediately from paintEvent.

André

ToddAtWSU
28th January 2008, 14:22
Thanks I will give that a try and post my results!