PDA

View Full Version : Read URL from a browser using Qt

sabeesh
22nd January 2008, 08:30
Hi,
I need to create a program using Qt, which one running in background, read the url from my browser.
ie, the program is running allways. When I open my broser ( explorer or firefox ) and type the address http://www.qtforum.org/ , then the program read the address from the address bar and write it in a text file. I am trying to do this. But, how can I read the address from the address bar ?
Please help me.

Gopala Krishna
22nd January 2008, 09:07
Sorry, but is it a keylogger software ? Perhaps you have to use native operating system calls to achieve that.

jpn
22nd January 2008, 10:24
Sorry for being off topic, but why on the earth would someone write such address anyway? ;)

sabeesh
24th January 2008, 08:00
Hi,
I want to check that, how many time a user open a site and what are they. For that, I try to create this program.
If any idea please help me.

wysota
24th January 2008, 08:11
Sorry for being off topic, but why on the earth would someone write such address anyway? ;)

To do some nasty things :)

Hi,
I want to check that, how many time a user open a site and what are they. For that, I try to create this program.
If any idea please help me.

I think you should use the firewall software for that. It doesn't matter what the user types into the address bar, it matters what is sent to the network, right?