PDA

View Full Version : QDevelop auto-complete function and Qt4

degs2k4
28th January 2008, 15:04
Hello,

I was used to Qt3 long time ago, and now switching to Qt4 is troubling me sometimes.

I have 2 doubts regarding QDevelop and Qt4. I'm running everything under Windows.

1) Having installed QDevelop and having executed some test apps, I just found that the "auto-complete" function (showing names of functions after typing the "->") is somehow "disabled" in QDevelop. Why ?

2) Adding function slots and connecting them to signals in QDevelop makes no change on the QtDesigner Signal/slot editor. Is this normal ? Somehow I feel that QDevelop and QtDesigner are not "connected"....for example, changes from Signal/slot editor in QtDesigner should be reflected in QDevelop right?

Thanks in advance.

ashukla
29th January 2008, 10:41
I was used to Qt3 long time ago, and now switching to Qt4 is troubling me sometimes.

Qt4 platform is totally different from Qt3. Qt4 is better solution over Qt3.

2) Adding function slots and connecting them to signals in QDevelop makes no change on the QtDesigner Signal/slot editor. Is this normal ? Somehow I feel that QDevelop and QtDesigner are not "connected"....for example, changes from Signal/slot editor in QtDesigner should be reflected in QDevelop right?

Both are different IDE. Use seperately.

changes from Signal/slot editor in QtDesigner should be reflected in QDevelop right?
Yes!
Don't put same thread twice.

elcuco
29th January 2008, 12:30
About completion:
Do you have ctags installed? If not, please do install it.

About the dignals/Qt-Designer:
In Qt3 the slots/implementation was saved in the XML file. In Qt4, the implementation is much different (look at the Qt4 documentation about this issue). Basically, the connectino between slots and signals is done in the class implementation, a Cpp/H set of files, which Qt designer does not read.

Read this document to understand how QDevelop creates the code for your GUI:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/designer-using-a-component.html#automatic-connections

degs2k4
29th January 2008, 14:26
Thanks for the quick reply.

About the auto-connection: I understood everything about that. I can only edit the code of signal-slot connections through QDevelop, and those connections can't be seen on QDesigner SIgnal/Slot editor. Thanks.

About Ctags with QDevelop: Yes, I (think I) have installed it properly. I did this:

1) Added to the Windows Path the path to the ctags.exe file.
2) I executed ctags -R, ctags -R (QT Directory) and other options, building a TagFile of around 20 MB.
3) I connected the ctags.exe file with QDevelop's External tools.

Even typing "->" or "." makes no response....

What should be the problem? Maybe the TAG file?

Thanks again!

jacek
29th January 2008, 23:44
Please, don't post the same question more than once and don't start multiple threads on the same subject.

degs2k4
30th January 2008, 00:07
OK, I didn't know which was the best place for the thread, and since I received no replies in the initial location, I tried again in another place.

Sorry about that.

BTW, I still can't use CTAGS with QDESIGNER properly... someone knows why?
I posted the steps I following during the installation of CTAGS, I think they are correct.

Thanks.

degs2k4
31st January 2008, 23:27
Anyone...?

philwinder
10th April 2008, 16:25
Hi,
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am experiencing the same problem. I see that there is a command under tools->Rebuild Qt classes database, but when I run it, its definitely not working. Works far too quick. I would do it manually, but I cant even find the tags file it uses.

Cheers,
Phil

philwinder
6th May 2008, 19:43
Hi, My problems have been resolved as of QDevelop r319.
Get it (Or any newer version that may appear) via that svn: http://qdevelop.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Phil