PDA

View Full Version : Debug and Release

paranoid_android
10th March 2006, 19:45
Hi.I've a problem.If i buil my application using qmake and then make it creates the two directories: debug and release.
I get no error from the compilar and the application works but the realease directory is empty.
I get the application only in .\debug even if MakeFile.realease exists.
How can I do to get the release "version"?
Thanks

fullmetalcoder
10th March 2006, 20:48
Hi.I've a problem.If i buil my application using qmake and then make it creates the two directories: debug and release.
I get no error from the compilar and the application works but the realease directory is empty.
Thanks

try out :
make release

sudeepdua
18th November 2006, 08:28
'make release' is not working on my system it says ' no rule to make target release ' . The problem which i have is that when i make the executable using qmake and add statement CONFIG release in the .pro file before hand the application still shows dependence on libQtGui_debug.so and this is preventing the application from being run on the system which does not have Qt installed. I am in a terrible problem and in need of help . !

nikita
18th November 2006, 08:53
the link below contains the most of the information you need. check out the section on qmake variables.

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/qmake-manual.html

it sounds to me like you're trying to build a static app. if so, use the following.

http://qtnode.net/wiki/Building_static

i know you'll figure it out, so take care :D

^NyAw^
18th November 2006, 12:19
Hi,
Try to edit your ".pro" file and change the line:

CONFIG += debug_and_release

It will create the Makefile.Debug and Makefile.Release. Also it will create the Makefile containing the debug and release creation rules.

Then you can call "make debug" or "make release".

jacek
18th November 2006, 13:58
For example by running:
make -f Makefile.Release
or you can add this to your .pro file:
CONFIG -= debug_and_release
CONFIG += releaseThis way your project will be always built in release mode.