PDA

View Full Version : Qt widget SoQtExaminerViewer buttons

jhearon
4th February 2008, 16:18
Hi,
I have a SoQtExaminerViewer as a Qt widget. If familiar with the look of the SoQtExaminerViewer, default has RotX, RotY thumbwheel on the left and bottom, and Decorative buttons with Dolly wheel on right side.

When I open in the viewer in a Qt window the vertical decorative button list repeats itself, even on resizing, and the dolly wheel seems pushed down and partially shows on the upper right corner.

I'm not sure if this is a SoQt problem or a Qt problem. In Qt I've worked with margins, SetPolicy, SizeHint, etc. In SoQt I can hide the decorations, but I'd like to use them. I just don't need two sets of the buttons.

Wondering if anyone on this list may happen to have seen a similar problem and know where to try to solve the issue.

thanks

rickbsgu
5th February 2008, 06:41
Whose SoQt are you using? Coin3d/TGS/something else?

I'm currently in the process of building the Coin3d SoQt against Qt432 on the Mac and then Windows shortly after that. When done, I might be able to offer some thoughts.

rickb

jhearon
5th February 2008, 15:21
Yes, Mingw built Coin, and SoQt. Also Mingw built Qt4.
Maybe I should see what it looks like on linux?

Even when I open the SoQt viewer from Qt in its own window I still get double decoration buttons. It's like the button list wants to fill out the right margin of the viewer whatever the size of the viewer.

But doesn't do that from just a Coin/SoQt project which is nevertheless linked to Qt.

thanks.

rickbsgu
7th February 2008, 17:58
Yes, Mingw built Coin, and SoQt. Also Mingw built Qt4.
Maybe I should see what it looks like on linux?

Even when I open the SoQt viewer from Qt in its own window I still get double decoration buttons. It's like the button list wants to fill out the right margin of the viewer whatever the size of the viewer.

But doesn't do that from just a Coin/SoQt project which is nevertheless linked to Qt.

thanks.
Sorry - not sure I understand that last part. Are you saying an example project?

I've just built on Mac and not seeing any issues at all with the examiner viewer.

Are you instantiating the viewer under a widget, or relying on SoQt's internal widget? I typically provide a widget in SoDB::init and the viewer construction.

Linux would be a good check. Also, I do my Win builds using MSVC 2008 (it's free). Have you tried using that?

Not sure I'm being helpful - just tossing out a few thoughts.

rickb

vonCZ
7th November 2008, 13:56
Wondering if anyone on this list may happen to have seen a similar problem and know where to try to solve the issue.

fyi- i had the same problem, but in my case I simply disabled decoration, as I didn't want those buttons, either properly or in duplicate.