PDA

View Full Version : Running the exe in a linux machine which doesnt have Qt in it

deepakn
5th February 2008, 04:41
Is it possible to run the executable built in some linux machine in another linux machine?

should the second one have Qt installed in it? if the entire Qt stuff is not needed, what all things should we have along with the executable?

Any kind of help will be much useful.
Thanks a lot in advance

Deepak

PS: I used Qt 4.2.2 to build the exe in a RHEL 9 Machine.

edit: I think i still need to install Qt but without some 'devel' components. Can somebody please elaborate on that if its true?
Also, I think i posted in the wrong place. :D

ashukla
5th February 2008, 06:06
Is it possible to run the executable built in some linux machine in another linux machine?

should the second one have Qt installed in it? if the entire Qt stuff is not needed, what all things should we have along with the executable?

Any kind of help will be much useful.
Thanks a lot in advance

Deepak

PS: I used Qt 4.2.2 to build the exe in a RHEL 9 Machine.

edit: I think i still need to install Qt but without some 'devel' components. Can somebody please elaborate on that if its true?
Also, I think i posted in the wrong place. :D
Yes, It is possible. You must put the necessary libraries .so in your project folder and specifying into your .pro using LIBS+= .
Hope its help!

deepakn
5th February 2008, 07:03
That means, I need to recompile everything, rt? Would that require some kind of development environment?

In windows, I am able to transfer the .exe along with few dlls like QTCore4, QTGui4, mingwm10 etc. Is it possible to do something similar to that in Linux?

rickbsgu
5th February 2008, 07:32
I like to do a static release build for demo distributions. No worries for the recipient/no installs. Just the executable.

But, yes, that means a complete re-compile. You can do it in a different directory so it doesn't impact your development environment, and control the active directory with environment variables.

rickb