PDA

View Full Version : printing program in LX-300+(dot matrix printer) problem

avb2
12th February 2008, 10:42
hi guys,
I have made a printing program. It runs well for some printers , but when i tried with EPson Lx-300+ (dot matrix printer) , I found that the character spacing was condensed. It was hard to read the printout. Could you give me a suggestion for this. I have tried this on Windows XP SP 2 with LX300+ driver provided by Microsoft. I used QT 4.3.2 win opensource , mingw ver.5.1.3 as compiler . or Is this a bug of QT?

please someone help me

thanks

regard

avb

marcel
12th February 2008, 13:05
What happens when you print something with some other software?
Qt doesn't control the printer directly. Perhaps there's a problem with the DPI reported by the printer driver, and the print gets scaled?

avb2
13th February 2008, 12:29
When i print some thing with other software it is not problem, like Acrobat Reader,Ms Word,Excel. My problem is the same like printing program( TextPrinter ver. 1.0) in www.qt-apps.org, when it was used in Lx-300+ (new dot matrix Printer from Epson) . I also changed set resolution (dpi) (Qprinter::set resolution() ) in my source code program but the problem still remains.

regard

AVB

hardi
13th March 2009, 03:05
Hi avb2!
I've the same problem with you. I'm sorry for not helping. have you solved that?
I already tried to print to lx300+II and it printed fine. I don't know what's the problem with this 300+. Just FYI if i set the paper to landscape it works okay.

Now I'm trying to find another solution. I try to print to pdf and use ghostscript to epson but still no luck. I can't set page to A5. I use -sPAPERSIZE=a5 but the printer rolls the paper like letter size.

I'll post if i come up with something.
thanks,
Hardi

JSimpson
17th March 2009, 19:04
i have the same problem but it's with a epson fx 890 and it's under windows too. i don't have it with others laser printers like HP.

i use qt 4.5 beta 1

AjGilee
29th May 2011, 13:08
:rolleyes: Have anybody found solution for this..? I've the same problem on EPSON LX-300, AND some other type of dot matrix printers.

Is this bug in Qt?

The printer out put show normal only on ink or laser printers..

charleskaone
22nd November 2016, 13:57
hi guys,
I have made a printing program. It runs well for some printers , but when i tried with EPson Lx-300+ (dot matrix printer) , I found that the character spacing was condensed. It was hard to read the printout. Could you give me a suggestion for this. I have tried this on Windows XP SP 2 with LX300+ driver provided by Microsoft. I used QT 4.3.2 win opensource , mingw ver.5.1.3 as compiler . or Is this a bug of QT?

please someone help me

thanks

regard

avb

Has anyone found the solution to the above mentioned problem?