PDA

View Full Version : Coping files

Zergi
14th February 2008, 20:48
Hi

I want to copy program but not normaly with function "copy", but i want to copy his source and create new file with a same code (code pasted) for example i have program "test.exe" i copy his code and paste to new file... Is it posible? i tried use QDataStream but it didnt work ...

Best regards

jpn
14th February 2008, 21:47
What do you actually want to do? There are disassemblers which are able to translate binary files as assembler (machine code), but in practice no, what it sounds like you want to do is not possible... You can't take a random executable and convert it as high-level code file. :)

Zergi
14th February 2008, 23:11
So how works binders?;p

marcel
14th February 2008, 23:24
What's binders? Do you have a link perhaps?
A google search reveals nothing. Maybe it is a disassembler or, for .NET assemblies the backward conversion from IL to a .NET language is easier.

Zergi
15th February 2008, 10:29
Binder is a program wich is coping 2 files in to 1 file, for example we have "test1.exe", and "test2.exe", when we use binder he creates "newfile.exe" where are those 2 programs, when you run "newfile.exe", program ll run "test1.exe" and "test2.exe"

Best regards

marcel
15th February 2008, 10:33
I think the idea behind that is to create an application template and then add other executables to it as resources.
At runtime, the main program extracts or directly executes the embedded applications.

Probably you'll have to do some research about that.

jpn
15th February 2008, 10:56
Here's one way of doing it: Self-Extracting Installer (http://qtnode.net/wiki?title=Self-Extracting_Installer). Just extract binaries to a temporary location and use QProcess to launch them.