PDA

View Full Version : Correlating my.cpp & Designed GUI !

Krish
19th February 2008, 16:56
Hello! Everybody,
I am new to Qt. I am using Qt3.3.3 on Linux. I have a GUI having comboBox to select few values, another comboBox to select the function. And i have my.cpp file which works seperately on its own. What i want is whenever user selects optioons like values, function & then desires to do compute the function written in my.cpp it should properly go to the function in my.cpp file execute it & send siganls back to GUI.:(
It is like my.cpp is the main program running coontinously at the back of developed GUI. But whenever user tries to use GUI they both should be correlated properly.

Can anyone please please help me out in this stuff. I will be obliged if answered.

Thanks in Advance.

I am glad to join the forum as i got to see many usefull threads here. Thanks.

jpn
19th February 2008, 17:04
Hi, start with reading about signals and slots (http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/signalsandslots.html). Once you're done, you might want to take a look at QComboBox signals.

PS. It is highly recommended to update to Qt 4 which has already been out for a few years.

Krish
19th February 2008, 17:40
Hello! jpn,
Thanks for replying, i will try more on my part & will later ask you further doubts.