PDA

View Full Version : Qwt in RedHat Linux !

Krish
21st February 2008, 13:20
Hello! Everybody,
I am working on RedHat linux with Qt3.3.3. Now i want to use the amazing Qwt library with my application. I have read all the posts regarding this stuff, i have also read Raphaelf's post"use interesting QWT Library with QT3.X" in which he has informed abouy things done in Windows.
For informing: -
1.) I downloaded qwt-5.0.2 opensource zip file & unzipped it in "/home/qwt-5.0.2 folder.
2.) On command shell i went to the specified directory & used qmake,make & make install.
3.) I edited qwtconfig.pri file as: -
unix{
INSTALLBASE = /home/qwt-5.0.2
}
Now i dont know how to install the plugins so that i can use them in designer to design graphically. Also i dont know how to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH & to which folder.

Can anyone please help me out in this stuff.----> I will be gratefull if helped.

Thanks in advance.

" Sorry by mistake i uploaded the same post thrice. I didn't know this would happen i just wanted to edit few stuff's to explain my problem cleaarly. Sorry again."

Uwe
22nd February 2008, 07:05
Now i dont know how to install the plugins so that i can use them in designer to design graphically.
"make install" should already have installed it.

Also i dont know how to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH & to which folder
You find your Qwt library in "/home/qwt-5.0.2/lib".

If you are your own admin better install Qwt in a more standard directory and use ldconfig + /etc/ld.so.conf. Only if not use the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Read the man pages + google is your friend.

HTH,
Uwe

Krish
22nd February 2008, 13:01
Hello! Uwe,
You wont believe but i did all the required stuff's to install it but its not working. I have all the required files, all examples exec. files but not a single example is working. Also the Qwt plug-in not shown in Qt designer.

I have also set the path: -
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH =/home/qwt-5.0.2
but still not working.

And ya just for informing i am not the administrator of the machine.

Any suggestions please.-----> Thanks in advance.

Uwe
22nd February 2008, 13:48
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH =/home/qwt-5.0.2

The syntax depends on your shell ( don't know yours ), but at least the path is wrong: it has to point to the directory, where the libs are ( see my previous answer ). With "ldd" you can check if the libraries are found.

Uwe

Krish
22nd February 2008, 14:17
Hello! Uwe,
Sorry by-mistake i wrote wrong in the post, actually i had use: -
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH =/home/qwt-5.0.2/lib

And ya my shell is tsch i.e. T-Shell.

Thanks again.

{ Also Please.. Please help me to understand the code in my new post, or suggest me a book or link for reading about it }------> I will be gratefull.

Krish
25th February 2008, 08:26
Hello! Uwe,
Thanks for taking out time & replying me. I used ldd to see error it shows me "lbqwt.so.5" not found, so i think the path is not set----> i dont know why????

About qwt-plugin it showed me an error----> " Permission denied to copy plugins"

I think as am not administrator of this machine these things have happened. Any way i will try more on my part & if got any unusual hindrances i will ask you.

Thanks again a lot for helping me out!!!!:)