PDA

View Full Version : Phonon on Windows

Lele
28th February 2008, 09:53
HI all,
I'm trying to compile the "capabilities" example on Qt 4.4 beta1.
I see phonon.lib is needed and not provided, has someone already complied it ?
On tha manual page there's just a short description about that saying that SDK is needed but nothing more.

Thanks for any help

wysota
29th February 2008, 11:12
Phonon is part of Qt4.4. You need to enable and compile it before you can use it. When you run configure it should tell you whether phonon will be compiled or not.

pherthyl
2nd March 2008, 00:03
Yeah phonon on windows is a pain in my experience. Even in the commerical builds of the beta, phonon is not compiled by default, and you have to do it yourself. To get it to work, you need the directshow include files (I think these are in the platform SDK) and the directx sdk which has to be downloaded separately.

I tried it once on a snapshot from several weeks ago, and I managed to compile the ds9 backend, but it didn't work for playing streams. Would just give some cryptic error and refuse to play. Works fine on linux with the separate libphonon.

Lele
18th March 2008, 08:32
Hi,
I was able to compile qt 4.4 beta with Phonon support, now the two examples "capabilities" and "musicplayer" compile and run correctly.
The only thing is that I cannot get any AudioOutputDeviceType, is there something else to configure?

Thanks a lot

coolk
31st March 2008, 20:28
hey how did u get it to work?
and do u mean by outputdevice?

do u get a backend error?