PDA

View Full Version : qSplitter settings

ovidiu.sabou
14th March 2006, 17:07
Hello!
I put two QVBoxLayout objects(each having some children) in qdesigner in a horizontal layout with splitter and I don't see any settings in Property editor to configure the splitter(some proportions, fixed size for one member etc). The children of the layout with splitter are of QVBoxLayout type and the only options I see for them are margin and spacing. Please tell me if it's possible to configure that QSplitter inside Designer.

jacek
14th March 2006, 17:59
Just click on your splitter in the "Object Explorer".

ovidiu.sabou
14th March 2006, 18:29
ok I already did that in .. Object Inspector I don't see Explorer.. and then ? I only see these fields related to QSplitter:
orientation
opaqueResize
handleWidth
childrenCollapsible

what I want to do is change the ratio/proportion of left panel's width to right panel's width and maybe set some extra stuff ? I did that long ago in Qt2 Designer, but things have changed and I don't see properties to handle those things.

thanks for your reply

jacek
14th March 2006, 18:44
Object Inspector I don't see Explorer
In Qt3 Object Inspector was called Object Explorer.

what I want to do is change the ratio/proportion of left panel's width to right panel's width and maybe set some extra stuff ?
You can change that by setting horizontalStretch (or verticalStretch) properties of child widgets. Same for maximum and minimum sizes.

PS. Make sure to check how your form looks like in the preview mode, because Qt Designer sometimes shows it in a wrong way.

ovidiu.sabou
14th March 2006, 19:24
ok thank you it works now !