PDA

View Full Version : Image Processing using Qt

danielperaza
9th March 2008, 01:19
Hi!. Does any body know any image processing library based on Qt?, I need to implement several algorithms like thresholding, smoothing, equalization, and several segmentation techniques, mainly on grayscale 8 bit images.

If anybody knows anything that could help me to save time, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

wysota
9th March 2008, 08:23
You want to implement or use those algorithms? If the former, what do you need such library for? QImage itself should be sufficient...

pherthyl
9th March 2008, 18:15
Hi!. Does any body know any image processing library based on Qt?, I need to implement several algorithms like thresholding, smoothing, equalization, and several segmentation techniques, mainly on grayscale 8 bit images.

If anybody knows anything that could help me to save time, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

Well, as wysota said, if you want to implment those techniques yourself (not too difficult for the first three), then you can just use QImage and bits() (or pixel() if you dont mind the performance hit).

But if you want to get real work done you really want to use OpenCV, which does most of these things for you.