PDA

View Full Version : Custom tooltips (QTJambi)

Affinity
10th March 2008, 13:11
Hi guys, I'm in the middle of programming a project for school based on the world of warcraft talent calculator. I'm having a problem with tooltips though. I can't seem to get tooltips styles to work at all. I can set the text properly, but actually styling them does not work. What I want is a black window much like the ones that show up when you h over over a talent (demo: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunter/talents.html)

The way things work now: Each talent is a QGraphicsItem, each tree is a QGraphicsScene inside a QFrame. The whole thing is wrapped in a QTalentWidget. I've experimented with having the hover event draw a custom window for the talent, which I'ved styled successfully, but the window doesn't extend the Scene, but tooltips do.

So is there a way to style tooltips that I am unaware of? Or is there a way to make this custom window I have being drawn have the ability to display over top of everything? I'm using QT Jambi with eclipse. If its worth anything, I have the same problem witht he QT stylesheet demo, can't change the tooltip properties.

Using the JAMBI demo launcher, the style DOES NOT change when I edit the stylesheet. Using the C++ demo launcher, it DOES change. Does jambi not have the ability to style tooltips?

wysota
10th March 2008, 13:24
1. The link you provided is invalid.
2. Which version of Jambi are you using?

Affinity
10th March 2008, 13:28
Sorry, fixed the link. I'm using jambi 4.3.3. Again, even in the demo for stylsheets, the tooltip style doesn't change.

wysota
10th March 2008, 14:14
Does styling regular widgets work?

At worst you'll have to use QToolTip together with intercepting appropriate events and show a custom widget as a tooltip. The docs of the aforementioned class should give you some hints.