PDA

View Full Version : Newbie installation problem under XP

janK
20th March 2008, 19:35
Hi

I am developing a toy signal processing application on my laptop. Under Linux (slackware) the application is running fine, however, my soundcard is not supported well enough. I therefore have to port the application to a windows platform (both XP and Vista are available).
I am struggling with installing qwt in as MSYS/MinGW environment. I recompiled the whole Qt suite (well over two hours compiling), and when I install Qwt it designer complains that qwt.dll and qwt_designer_plugin are not valid plugins.http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/images/smilies/mad.png
:mad:
I recompiled everything couple of times with no other results.
It seems to me that my operating environment is not that special so I cannot imagine to be the only one with that symptom. Most likely something very simple, but I'm lost

best
:mad:

Uwe
21st March 2008, 14:06
1) First try to execute the Qwt examples ? If you are not successful, I guess you forgot to set the path to the Qwt libraries in your PATH environment.

2) If you can execute the Qwt examples, but you can't load the designer plugin, it could be because of a debug/release mismatch between designer and Qwt library.

Uwe

Urban
28th March 2008, 16:40
I am having slightly different problem. I am using Dev C++ with QT on Win XP SP2, and recently have installed qwt. The compilation process goes fine - no errors, but ultimately, when running the application what I get is an initialization error (#0xc0000005). What that could mean.
TIA,
Best
Urban

Uwe
30th March 2008, 09:24
Did you add QWT_DLL to your compile flags ?

Uwe

janK
1st April 2008, 19:54
Hi

It worked. I spent the whole day on installing Qt/Qwt and I finally managed. Indeed problems with paths were the cause. What struck me was that
a. installation had to be done in the Qt shell window (under MinGW), while MSYS installation did not work
b. adding a path element to this shell required editing the file qtvars (which is generated but I cvannot find the source)
c. running the examples required putting qwt.dll in some other libraries
d. installing the plugin files in Qwt in the plugin directory in Qt solved the last problems

Tomorrow I'll try to run some application, still have to link my applicartion code (originally written in Qt3.3) to portaudio as well.

Well, it is raining anyway, so who wants to be outside

best
janK

Urban
11th April 2008, 03:19
Well, I can use it with CodeBlocks and it works fine after adding QWT_DLL to compiler flags, but when it comes to Dev-Cpp changing the compiler flags doesn't help. Means, that I get still the same initialization error. I don't know why is that.

ru_core
15th July 2008, 10:43
Hello everybody.

Just compiled the QWT using VS7.0. The examples are executable. Tried to integrate the QWT plugin to the Designer by coping files qwt_designer_plugin5.dll, qwt_designer_plugin5.exp and qwt_designer_plugin5.lib to the "D:\libs\Qt\4.3.4\plugins\designer\" and got the problem.

The plugin does not work. Looked through the Designer->Help->About Plugins and discovered:

The file "D:/libs/Qt/4.3.4/plugins/designer/qwt_designer_plugin5.dll" is not a valid Qt plugin.

it seems to me the problem is in compiling libs as the debug.
Can you help me please how to compile release libs if the problem is there?

Thank you,
Ruslan