PDA

View Full Version : Can we save & load the settings in GUI !

Krish
26th March 2008, 09:44
Hello! Friends,
I have designed a GUI from where i get number of inputs say from QLineEdit and all.
Now what i want to do is to save the settings done by the user, say save all the selected values in a file and when user again wants to get the same output as before he can just load the settings from that file.

Is this possible? If yes can anyone please help me out in this.

I will be grateful:) Thanks in advance.

marcel
26th March 2008, 10:56
See QSettings.

Krish
26th March 2008, 13:18
Hello! Marcel,
Thanks for taking out time & suggesting me that, in the beginning it was not working but i managed to make it run.

Thanks again.
Best Regards.:)

jpn
26th March 2008, 13:55
Is it a pointer or is it an object?

Krish
26th March 2008, 14:02
Hello! Jpn Sir,
Thanks for taking out time & replying. It is a pointer. But i managed to solve the problem somehow.

Thanks & Best Regards.:)

jpn
26th March 2008, 14:17
It is a pointer.
So you should use it like a pointer, not like an object.

But i managed to solve the problem somehow.
Somehow? You don't know how?

Please, DO NOT delete code snippets and error messages in your posts after solving the problem. The purpose of this forum is to serve as a huge knowledge base. Threads lose their value if content was deleted right after solving problems.

Krish
26th March 2008, 15:33
Hello! Jpn Sir,
I am sorry sir for that, but as i saw that i didn't receive any response for that post till i had solved the problem, i deleted it as it was of no use. And when i uploaded the edited post then i saw your reply for that post.

Sir you can check the posting time of that reply i.e. 14:18 and its editing time " Last edited by Krish : Today at 14:55." which coincides with your reply.

Yes sir for sure I know how i solved it. By somehow i meant by trying few things. I was making mistake in using it properly in the slot.

Anyway Sorry again and thanks for helping.

Best Regards:)