PDA

View Full Version : Need debug and release versions of Qwt?

Tiansen
26th March 2008, 14:49
I have two questions:

1. My Qwt5.dll is now built in release mode. But I noticed I can use it also in release mode only when building program with Visual Studio. If I build my program in debug mode, then my program just exits when trying to show a graph. If I build program in release mode, then my program works ok. How to solve this? Can Qwt be build with -debug-and-release option as Qt? I obviously need both versions. Or should I build debug and release versions separately?

2. Qwt plugin (built in release) now also works fine in Designer. However in Visual Studio it still does not work. I get this message: QLibrary::load_sys: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Trolltech/Qt VS Integration/plugins/qwt_designer_plugin.dll (The specified module could not be found.) According to Dependency Walker all dependencies are met and correct libraries are used.

Uwe
28th March 2008, 07:55
Can Qwt be build with -debug-and-release option as Qt? I obviously need both versions. Or should I build debug and release versions separately?
At the moment you need to build both versions manually. In the next release of Qwt there will be a debug-and-release option.

2. Qwt plugin (built in release) now also works fine in Designer. However in Visual Studio it still does not work.
Almost all Qwt install problem reports are MSVC problems. The development environments on Unix systems are often called uncomfortable, but the ability to link debug and release libraries is an important pro.

Uwe