PDA

View Full Version : Distributing applications which use QSslSocket

walec51
29th March 2008, 14:44
Hello,

I have an application which uses QSslSocket which made it automatically depended on OpenSSL. While it is distributed to Linux or other Unix'es there is no problem because openssl i almost always there. The problem is that to make full use of my application on Windows OpenSSL must be installed. And here's where my question arises: can I somehow easily distribute OpenSSL with my Qt application? I mean in a way that will not require to run the OpenSSL installer?

At the moment my program is distributed as na zip which simply extracts to an folder with my apps exe and dll's from Qt and some other libraries. Adding OpenSSL dll's doesn't solve the problem and after I try to make a SSL connection I get a message in the console that Qt failed to create SSL_context because of unresolved symblos. It looks like those ssl dll aren't loaded.

I would be most grateful for your help!

--
walec51

jpn
29th March 2008, 22:06
Where did you put the DLLs? In the same directory than the application executable?

walec51
29th March 2008, 22:36
Yes. In the same directory.

The Storm
30th March 2008, 23:25
Get this windows distribution of OpenSSL - http://www.slproweb.com/download/Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8g.exe
Install it, you will get precompiled .lib files for all the windows compilers today like MSVC, GCC and Borland, the good there is that for each compiler the distribution have static and dinamyc versions of the libs in debug and in release mode, just use the static release libraries and you will not need to ship any kind of .dll's with your application. :)

walec51
9th April 2008, 10:49
Thanks I'll try with static linking but still I'd prefer dynamic