PDA

View Full Version : suffix for qt dlls

jobrandt
3rd April 2008, 19:05
Is there an easy way to compile the qt dlls with a suffix e.g. qtcore4_x64.dll?
I could modify all makefiles but this take a long time and could produce lots of errors.

Or is there another way to differ between 32- and 64-bit versions of the dlls?

wysota
3rd April 2008, 19:58
configure -help is your friend.

jobrandt
3rd April 2008, 21:30
I have read the help for configure. But i couldn't find a parameter that does what i need.
I am able to compile a 32-bit and a 64-bit version. This is no problem. But both versions have the same names.

wysota
3rd April 2008, 22:21
Seems you didn't read it close enough or the parameter is not available on Windows:

-qtlibinfix <infix> Renames all libQt*.so to libQt<infix>.so.

jobrandt
4th April 2008, 11:28
Under windows -qtlibinfix is not documented. I have tried it but configure gives an "unknown option -qtlibinfix"

Any other suggestions?

wysota
4th April 2008, 12:47
I think it's a relatively new option (4.4?), so it might simply be unavailable in the version you are trying. I'd like to ask you what do you need the suffix for. Why not simply install those libraries in separate directories? That you can easily do using configure's options.

jobrandt
11th April 2008, 09:59
I have used Qt 4.4.0-rc1 for windows. I need the suffix to differ between 32- and 64-bit version of my project. The project is devoloped and deployed for 32- and 64-bit. At the i am using two directories. But it would be easier if i could use only one directory. It also would be nice to differ older version of the dll's. With a suffix you can directly see which version is in the directory.