PDA

View Full Version : Qt License

Frankiee71
5th April 2008, 20:50
hi all,

I have few questions regarding Qt's License -

1) Can we buy one Qt license and install it on a shared machine where more than one user can login and use it? Or only the Licensee can use it on that machine?

2) What is the difference between Per developer License and Per machine license?

Thanks in advance

Frankiee

GreyGeek
6th April 2008, 02:21
I guess Trolltech can make any license it wants but the one I have is to a single developer, me, not to my employer, or to a shared machine.

The license has my name on it, even though my employer paid for it. I will retire in about two months and the terms are that my employer writes to Trolltech to get a different employee's name put on the license. After the change ONLY that employee can use the commercial Qt installation to generate binaries. It is also not legal for other employees to use the GPL version to work on the app and then have the licensed employee make the binary using the commercial version.

wysota
6th April 2008, 09:38
To make it short - you can install the licence on any number of machines, but only the person whose name is in the licence may use it when working on a commercial product.