PDA

View Full Version : How do i get a 2-D plotting widget?

superutsav
10th January 2006, 11:03
Hi,

I need to use a 2-d ploting widget for my image processing app... preferably, this widget should take a matrix input, and should take as little time as possible for displaying itself... any suggestions?:confused:

superutsav

axeljaeger
10th January 2006, 15:36
For my understanding, a 2x2-Matrix is a transformation. What type of data do you want to transform? If you want to plot data, you might want to have a look at QWT.

SkripT
10th January 2006, 16:41
I you are using qt4 look at examples/itemviews/pixelator, maybe is what you're looking for...

superutsav
11th January 2006, 06:08
Hi

What type of data do you want to transform?

I am trying to plot the frequency components of a grayscale image... i also need to know if any fourier transform (FFT) libraries are available.

If you want to plot data, you might want to have a look at QWT.

I am using Qt4... i have already considered qwt.. I havent tried Qwt yet, but the qwt 5 release is unstable, i hear... i also dont know how to install it and use the qwt classes.

Thanks
superutsav

gadnio
11th January 2006, 09:43
i wonder why you don't try to use ImageMagick and basic QCanvas... it might also help a lot

high_flyer
11th January 2006, 16:47
i also need to know if any fourier transform (FFT) libraries are available.

I just started using fftw (http://www.fftw.org/) and its great, specially since you can use it both under linux and windows.
Note, that under windows I got bad results when compiling whit VS6.
Dev-C++ solved the problem, and fftw comes as a module in its database.

superutsav
12th January 2006, 10:54
Hey...

Thanks for the fftw thing.... it seems to be what i'm looking for. Also, i'm working in linux, so i dont think i'll have the windows problem u stated.

superutsav