PDA

View Full Version : QT and iPod?

NICO_ANEBA
9th April 2008, 16:46
Hello everyone.

First of all, please forgive my poor English.

In my company we are planning to migrate our major commercial application from MFC to QT, with the aim to distribute the binaries for both Windows and MacOS. So far no problem, we believe that QT is the best system for doing this.

Our main product is accompanied by another "small" and that it should work on any PDA, ie platforms Windows CE, Linux-Embeded and especially Apple iPod/iPhone. This product does not use the features of telephony, will only use these devices as "ultra small PC"

Our question is: How can we QT compile and generate binaries for iPod/iPhone? What Trolltech product is the most appropriate for do this?

Thank you, receive a warm greeting from Barcelona, Spain.

Nico

wysota
9th April 2008, 17:28
In general you'll need to use Qtopia. As for more details, you'll probably have to dig them up yourself and most probably by trial&error. I don't know if it is even possible to deploy Qtopia on an iPod or iPhone. If so, they have to be Linux (or Windows Mobile/CE) controlled, so it will (if it will at all) work only for non-standard devices (neither iPod nor iPhone run Linux nor Windows by default, as far as I know).

luf
15th April 2008, 13:59
Both the new iPhone and iPod touch is based on the the Mach Kernal and Darwin as mac OS X also is based on, we could hope for a port from the Trolls, but since apple has released their SDK with so many limits it seems like a dead-end...

:(

Which is too bad really, because people aren't asking to buy a new MP3 player... they're asking to buy a new iPod. And hopefully the future generations of the iPods will be based on the same as iPod touch, so software will hopefully work on -close-future- models...