PDA

View Full Version : QFileDialog flickering

invictus
16th April 2008, 09:01
Hi

I was making a small program yesterday where I used a QFileDialog. This worked fine, but one of the first thing I noticed was that when resizing the filedialog the whole dialog (and especially the icons at the left side) had some serious flickering/redrawing issues which looked very unprofessional. Is this drawing issues a problem, or is it just my computer? I always though that QT used the native dialogs so I tried another win32 API only application, and these flickering issues were not a problem on that application.

I am using winxp with 2GB memory and X2 3800+ cpu. Application was compiled in release mode.

wysota
16th April 2008, 09:54
Qt uses native dialogs only when you use static methods of QFileDialog. As for the flicker - which release of Qt are you using and on which platform?

invictus
16th April 2008, 09:56
Qt uses native dialogs only when you use static methods of QFileDialog. As for the flicker - which release of Qt are you using and on which platform?

4.3.4 on WinXP SP2.

I am using QString fileName = QFileDialog::getOpenFileName(this); so I am using the static method.

wysota
16th April 2008, 10:16
It's a native dialog then, so there isn't much that can be done, I guess... You might report it as a bug to Trolltech provided that you are able to reproduce it in a controlled way.

invictus
16th April 2008, 14:23
It's a native dialog then, so there isn't much that can be done, I guess... You might report it as a bug to Trolltech provided that you are able to reproduce it in a controlled way.

How do I report bugs or RFE's to Trolltech then? couldn't find anything on their website.

wysota
16th April 2008, 14:29
Use the task-tracker.

invictus
16th April 2008, 17:34
Have reported it...you don't happen to know if I can use the same "report bug" form for making a feature request?

wysota
16th April 2008, 19:24
Yes, you can. Just mark it as a suggestion.

invictus
17th April 2008, 09:47
Got feedback on the bugreport. It is fixed for QT 4.4.