PDA

View Full Version : Customize Application Window

fruzzo
19th April 2008, 14:15
I've realized an application and now I want customize how It appear....
I want remove from titlebar the maximize button (only close button and minimiz button) because It is always showed at maximum size size. How can I do this?
And...I want thet application window is always on top the task bar, simple I want that when I start the applicatio, the taskbar is alway hidden? Any idea?
Last question...how can I get the size of the titlebar and change it like I preferr?

P.S. Remember that I'm using Qt 3 ;)

wysota
19th April 2008, 17:13
I've realized an application and now I want customize how It appear....
I want remove from titlebar the maximize button (only close button and minimiz button) because It is always showed at maximum size size. How can I do this?
And...I want thet application window is always on top the task bar, simple I want that when I start the applicatio, the taskbar is alway hidden? Any idea?

How about simply showing the window in full screen mode? QWidget::showFullScreen() should be able to do that.

Last question...how can I get the size of the titlebar and change it like I preferr?

You can't do that.

fruzzo
19th April 2008, 18:28
How about simply showing the window in full screen mode? QWidget::showFullScreen() should be able to do that.

ok I now about it but the problem is that my application don't have a menu bar ( It's a simulation of a dedicated console) and so I need something to close the application and minimize without using a menu bar! Can I add a titlebar in a showFullScreen mode?

wysota
19th April 2008, 18:50
You can add some button or use a keyboard shortcut.

yxmaomao
4th July 2008, 04:18
In Qt 4.3 you can get title bar's height :
qApp->style()->pixelMetric(QStyle::PM_TitleBarHeight,NULL,NULL)

aamer4yu
4th July 2008, 05:20
How about trying setWindowFlags ??
You can use "Qt::Window| Qt::WindowMinimizeButtonHint" to disable the maximize button :)

You can play more with the flags I guess :)