PDA

View Full Version : Re: Opening Project file Issue in Edyuk

philwinder
23rd April 2008, 14:15
Hi fullmetalcoder,
Regarding the opening projects issue, I was using project->open, since file->open->project simply opened the file as a text edit, not as a project. But this is what I would expect.

1.So I create a new project using project->create new project,
2. fill in the details and click ok.
3. the project file is created and the file is displayed in the the window.
4. All the add files, sources, create file, basically all the project options are disabled.
5. So I close the file, and go to project->open project.
6. Find my testproject.pro, click open and nothing happens. The same with any other .pro file. Nothing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Phil Winder

fullmetalcoder
24th April 2008, 09:11
I have not been able to reproduce this issue with Edyuk SVN version. If you can't use SVN to test the most up to date version of Edyuk, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a preliminary package so that you can tell me whether the bug is reproducible in the rc2 an this way I may be able to deal with.

philwinder
25th April 2008, 14:51
Hi again fullmetalcoder,
Ive just tried the version on the svn and the same thing is happening. At first I though it could have been because of odd paths (I do all of my work on d:) or because of spaces in the path names, but I double checked everything in the root c: directory and its the same.

Open project just doesnt do anything! And I'm afraid I cant be of much help as I have no idea what could be wrong. Although if you have any brainwaves I'll be happy to test some more..

Cheers,

Phil Winder

fullmetalcoder
27th April 2008, 16:09
Please send me the project(s) you've tried to open, telle what the pathes where. The log might help as well (%HOME%\.edyuk-%EDYUKVERSION%\log.txt

thanks in advance.

philwinder
5th May 2008, 19:09
Sorry havent checked for a while,
The project is just the default project file created by edyuk. The current path is "D:\PhD\Qt Source\Edyuk test" but I have also tried it on c:

Also, there is no "log.txt" file present.

Cheers,
Phil

fullmetalcoder
5th May 2008, 19:26
Just checked : the problem is reproducible and comes from the spaces in the path. I'll fix that ASAP. In the meantime try to use whitespace-less pathes.

Edit: it was just a filesystem explorer-specific problem I noticed. Actually it lloks like pathes full of whitespaces are no problem (at least under linux with latest version). I'll double check this under windows.

philwinder
5th May 2008, 20:49
Hi again,
I mentioned before that I have already tried this. Ive now got the program files in "d:\Edyuk" and the project in "d:\test\test.pro". I cannot open the project file previously created by Edyuk.
This is also the case for the c:\ drive.

Cheers,
Phil