PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way....

Dark_Tower
19th March 2006, 22:05
Hi everybody, I don't have much experinece programming gui interfaces and now I've got a simple question: I have a tab widget with 6 windows (a widget with a list of icons on it). All the windows of the tab are from the same class. For each window, the user can do 4 actions pushing a button for each task. The question is wehre should I put this buttons, inside the window or outside the tab widget so the buttons acts with the current window of the tab that the user is viewing. This second solution could be more complex (I should need aditional signals on the window to know when the buttons could be enabled or disabled) but also could be more 'elegant', I dont' know, what do you think?

Bojan
19th March 2006, 22:54
I am not sure if I understand correctly, a screenshot, or a picture would be helpful. Basically, I think the general rule of thumb is that if the action the button performs is only relevant to the tab and its contents it should be in the actual tab. If pressing the button works / is relevant to / effects the whole dialog or window or app, than it should be outside of the tab. I hope I understood correctly.

Bojan