PDA

View Full Version : make error

peace_comp
28th April 2008, 22:02
Hi..
While I was compilin' my project ..I had the following msg error when I used make to compile :

mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'C:....'
mingw32-make[1]:Nothing to be done for 'first'
mingw32-make[1]:Leaving directory

???
I used qmake -project to generat the .pro and make to generate the makefile

if some one could help
Thx

wysota
28th April 2008, 23:07
Make says the project is already built.

jacek
28th April 2008, 23:18
These aren't error messages. make just tells you that there's nothing to do. Either everything is already compiled or your Makefile is incomplete. Did you remember to run qmake again to generate Makefile from .pro file?

peace_comp
29th April 2008, 00:45
I dont understand ..i was compiling all the time ..everythg was alright .. since I had used some q Sql class ..then I had a msg error Sql4.dll not found.. after that most of my applications wont be compiled with the make command.. givin me the same msg !!???

wysota
29th April 2008, 00:49
When you already have a project file, you MUSN'T call "qmake -project" because it will overwrite the project file with a file generated using simple heuristics. Those heuristics work fine when there are no intermediate files (so without first compilation), but get confused when some trash resides in any of the subdirectories or the current directory.

jacek
29th April 2008, 01:36
then I had a msg error Sql4.dll not found..
Next time you encounter such error, edit your .pro file, add "QT += sql" and run qmake without any parameters.