PDA

View Full Version : SlickEdit and qt

!Ci
10th January 2006, 18:32
I just found a great IDE - SlickEdit. I reflect how I could missed it before. It has very good word completion feature, it's very similar to VC++ and lot more....
Ok now my problem is to compile qt project from this IDE. It should do smth like that:
1. Make a makefile using qmake.
2. Compile it using makefile, created before...

So is there a possibility to run qmake before compile process?? And then use this makefile?? Any ideas??

rGlory
10th January 2006, 21:09
One of the ways is (it seems to be working in SE 9.0.1)
Go to Project->Project Properties...

Build Options

select radio button "Build with a user-maintained makefile or custom build command"

add "qmake" into pre build commands (select "Stop on error" is nice too)

Tools

select Build and put "make" as command line

Now use Build->Build it should work

!Ci
10th January 2006, 21:45
Yes, I resolved it just before Your post :) I used the same way...

I see U use SlickEdit too. Do U have problems with word completion in this IDE??
I'm trying to parse the include files of qt but still I have no hints for it.... U don't have this problem or U doesn't use this feature???

mcosta
11th January 2006, 17:17
I just found a great IDE - SlickEdit. I reflect how I could missed it before. It has very good word completion feature, it's very similar to VC++ and lot more....

Why you don't use KDevelop? Probably the best Qt IDE of the world.
Version 3.3.x also support Qt4 development!

Bye

!Ci
11th January 2006, 18:20
Yes I tried it but I'm pamper a little after using VC++. I want a good code(word) completion. All Kdevelop is great IDE but this feature in it is suck.

GreyGeek
13th January 2006, 18:08
Yes I tried it but I'm pamper a little after using VC++. I want a good code(word) completion. All Kdevelop is great IDE but this feature in it is suck.
True.

I am using SimplyMEPIS 3.4.2cr1 upgraded to KDE 3.5.

I use Kate when programming on my Linux side. It has a context related "code completion" of a sort. As you enter code it remembers each unique word you type. So, when you enter ui.leStatus.setText("one, two, three") it remembers that. The next time you enter ui and press "." a list combo appears showing you leStatus and other GUI objects you've entered. After you select leStatus and press "." it displays a list combo with "setText" and any other methods related to leStatus that you may have entered before.

When I load homestead.cpp, which has over 3,600 lines, it "knows" all the gui objects, their functions and properties, and every other word in the code. It turns out to be very accurate. In fact, it's about on par with my VisualStudio 2003.Net C++ code completion, because VS offers functions and properties that aren't always related to the object at the focus.

high_flyer
13th January 2006, 18:55
I use Kate when programming on my Linux side. It has a context related "code completion" of a sort. As you enter code it remembers each unique word you type. So, when you enter ui.leStatus.setText("one, two, three") it remembers that. The next time you enter ui and press "." a list combo appears showing you leStatus and other GUI objects you've entered. After you select leStatus and press "." it displays a list combo with "setText" and any other methods related to leStatus that you may have entered before.
KDevelop uses that as well, in addition to a "noraml" element comletion, you just need to let it know where to look for the information.
But any class struct etc that you declare in your project is automatically known, and will pop up word copletion when using these objects with no extra twicking.

!Ci
16th January 2006, 19:34
KDevelop uses that as well, in addition to a "noraml" element comletion, you just need to let it know where to look for the information.
But any class struct etc that you declare in your project is automatically known, and will pop up word copletion when using these objects with no extra twicking.

Theoretical yes... BUT this feature in KDevelop is on very low level, in my opinion of course. If I want to see hints of qt classes it only shows few of them. Maybe there smth wrong with configuration and I don't know what but I really spend lot of time to make it like I want it...

About my problem with slickedit... I resolved the problem with word completion. I can only tell this IDE is GREAT:D

natros
21st January 2006, 16:50
Yes, I resolved it just before Your post :) I used the same way...

I see U use SlickEdit too. Do U have problems with word completion in this IDE??
I'm trying to parse the include files of qt but still I have no hints for it.... U don't have this problem or U doesn't use this feature???

I also use SE and it works perfectly well with both Qt3 and Qt4. You need to create a tag file for word completion.

Timewarp
21st January 2006, 17:32
There "can" be some problems with word completion because of some macros QT uses.
This issue is covered in the FAQ on slickedit.com.

natros
21st January 2006, 17:43
There "can" be some problems with word completion because of some macros QT uses.
This issue is covered in the FAQ on slickedit.com.

You just have to add some macros to "C/C++ Processing" to avoid this kind of problems.
To get support for foreach keyword in had to add this to .slickedit/10.0.3/unxcpp.h

#define foreach(var,cont) Q_FOREACH(var, cont)
#define Q_FOREACH(variable, container) for(QForeachContainer<__typeof__(container)>_container_(container);!_container_.brk &&_container_.i!=_container_.e;({++_container_.brk;+ +_container_.i;})) for(variable=*_container_.i;;({--_c
ontainer_.brk;break;}))

!Ci
21st January 2006, 19:59
I resolved this problem with word completion too. Exacly there was a problem with a QT macro. Now everything is ok...

To get support for foreach keyword in had to add this to .slickedit/10.0.3/unxcpp.h

#define foreach(var,cont) Q_FOREACH(var, cont)
#define Q_FOREACH(variable, container) for(QForeachContainer<__typeof__(container)>_conta iner_(container);!_container_.brk &&_container_.i!=_container_.e;({++_container_.brk ;++_container_.i;})) for(variable=*_container_.i;;({--_c
ontainer_.brk;break;}))
Did You found this solution on internet or You discovered it??

natros
21st January 2006, 20:38
I resolved this problem with word completion too. Exacly there was a problem with a QT macro. Now everything is ok...

Did You found this solution on internet or You discovered it??

I discovered it