PDA

View Full Version : QComboBox +SUSE10.0 +qt4.1 strange behavior

antonio.r.tome
20th March 2006, 11:01
Hi,

I'm making a gui interface using Qt designer. Everthing seems to work in the form preview option of the designer.
However when I compile the application I get a very strange behavior with the QComboBox widgets.

If I click on the combbox and Select any of the options everthing works fine. But If, for any reason, I do not select an option, and leave the popup window of the ComboBox open, and click with any mouse button anywhere in the Qt application or in the desktop, all my system freezes. The mouse pointer still moves arround the Desktop but none of the clicks work. The Keybord also don't work, but for the combination ctrl alt f1, wich allows me to open a non graphical console and kill the qt process and regain control of the sistem.

Is the behaviour normal? Should I change some specific propriety of the QComboBox widget? I tried to change all proprieties of the QComboBox widget displayed in the Qt Designer but the results are always the same.

I'm using kde 3.5.1 as desktop and Suse 10.0 as operating system and Qt 4.1.0-16

any help would be most appreciated.

My best regards,

António Tomé

Xagen
20th March 2006, 12:41
Please try another look'n'feel theme (for qt or kde) and look if the woould be this problem?

antonio.r.tome
20th March 2006, 13:19
Please try another look'n'feel theme (for qt or kde) and look if the woould be this problem?

I've tried, without much hope because others Qt applications (e.g texmaker) worked quite well. Only application presents this behaviour.

The Default behavior seems to be close the popup window left open when one clicks everywhere else.

jpn
20th March 2006, 13:38
Hmm, does a populated combo box work properly in designer?
Have you possibly installed any event filter which could break it?

PS. Consider updating to Qt 4.1.1 :)

Xagen
20th March 2006, 13:51
Yes, it depends on the version of QT installed in system.
Try to update.

P.S. I had this problem on Slackware 10, qt 3.3.2 and theme for kde bluecurve

antonio.r.tome
20th March 2006, 14:40
Hmm, does a populated combo box work properly in designer?
Have you possibly installed any event filter which could break it?

PS. Consider updating to Qt 4.1.1 :)

Yes it worked in the form preview of the designer!
I have not installed any event filter.

I'm going to post on suse-kde because I usually update my qt with the kde supplementary package of suse 10.0
my qt build is from last Friday, I think. If that doesn't work I'll try to Upade to 4.1.1 although to avoid system troubles I only like to install suse rpm in my system, but that is not always possible.

many thanks,

António R. Tomé

antonio.r.tome
20th March 2006, 18:49
I found the problem.
After downloaded and compiled the qt4.1 the problem didn't solve by itself.
And in fact I have a redefinition of
void QWidget:closeEvent(QCloseEvent *event)

what I thought was only preventing the main window from closing itself when the window close button was clicked.

without this redefinition everything works fine.

Once again many thanks to the anwsers.

António Tomé.