PDA

View Full Version : Palette definition

Roberto Sciascia
20th March 2006, 16:24
Hello.

I'w working with Qt Designer 3.3.4, developing a GUI on a Debian/KDE with a true color video card. The GUI should run on another Debian PC with a 256 colors card.
The problem is that I could not find any way to define a palette on my developing system in order to see exactly the same graphics on the other PC. :(
Anyone has any idea about how to define a limited palette to work with? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

wysota
21st March 2006, 14:50
Defining the palette is the responsibility of the graphics system, not the application itself. In some environments it is possible to "hijack" the palette, but it causes all other applications to look horrible. You should avoid tweaking the palette.

Roberto Sciascia
21st March 2006, 16:21
Defining the palette is the responsibility of the graphics system, not the application itself. In some environments it is possible to "hijack" the palette, but it causes all other applications to look horrible. You should avoid tweaking the palette.

I know you're right, but leaving the graphics system do the thing turns out in having it do the wrong choice on my target 256 color environment.
Anyway, thank you for your answer. I will do further investigation to avoid playing with the palette.

RS

jacek
21st March 2006, 16:29
You could add another mode to your X server configuration that has 8-bit color depth and then use Ctrl+Alt++ or Ctrl+Alt+- to switch between them.