PDA

View Full Version : QtHelp

WinchellChung
13th May 2008, 21:15
Oh, it is always something annoying.

I'm writing a game in Qt. It occurred to me that I should provide an online game manual. Maybe Qt has a class that will help. Indeed it does: the QtHelp module.

Oh woe is me. QtHelp is new for Qt 4.4. And I am using PyQt, which is currently using Qt 4.3. I'll just have to be patient I guess, or try to cobble together something out of 4.3.

wysota
13th May 2008, 21:59
There is a different help system available for Qt versions prior to 4.4. Take a look at QAssistantClient.

jml
14th May 2008, 20:03
The help page for QAssistantClient has the following: "This class is obsolete. It is provided to keep old source code working. We strongly advise against using it in new code."

Yet the documentation gives no alternative. I'm at a point of wanting to set up help files, and originally updated to 4.4 because of a promise of a new and improved help system. Well, what is that system? Is more coming in a later release? Trolltech's documentation is frustratingly silent on this.

jpn
14th May 2008, 21:10
Yet the documentation gives no alternative. I'm at a point of wanting to set up help files, and originally updated to 4.4 because of a promise of a new and improved help system. Well, what is that system?
See QtHelp (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qthelp.html).

jml
14th May 2008, 21:37
Thanks! It doesn't show up on the "All classes" page of the documentation.

wysota
14th May 2008, 22:46
Because it is not a class but a module.