PDA

View Full Version : Qt Programming in general

Holy
22nd May 2008, 00:00
Hi!
I'm new in the world of Qt and i have a difficult job to do, i'm already discouraged because it doesn't progress.
here is the problem to solve
I have to develop a GUI programm to be connected via Can-Bus to a Stock of Squares.
the GUI should reproduice the "getting in and getting out" of each Square inside and outside the Stock, each Square should own a place inside the Stock. if the square takes a wrong direction during the loading or if the square stops before reaching his place, it muss change the color from green to red. If all is allright in the loading action the square remains green.the movement of the square during the loading and onloading should be visible on the screen.
Please help me to solve this problem, helping me is saving my life, because i will probably lose my job if i don't find a solution soon.

marcel
22nd May 2008, 00:52
Qt does not support the CAN protocol. Do you already have a library for this? If not, it seems you have to implement the protocol yourself.
As far I can see, you dont't have any kind of application architecture to start with. This lack will make writing the app very hard. It is like walking blindly. You'll get in all sorts of problems.
It is best to talk to your project manager or employer and ask for some research time and also for some design time.
You can't just startwriting the app, especially if you don't have any experience with the technologies involved.

Good luck!

Holy
22nd May 2008, 10:35
Hi Marcel,
thanks for your reply it makes me hope.
What i need right now to save my job is not an entire result, but just the GUI to present as soon as possible; like i've already described above, namely a Graphic wich represents a dump and small squares wich represent boxes to be loaded and unloaded and the load and unload action schall be visible on the screen:
i think something like a beautifull Gui with Button open and close in nice Layout and the open-Button to open the screen wich shall be at the top of the GUI.
just something to simulate what happens in the real situation.
Please may you help me
thanks for your help