PDA

View Full Version : Qt3 and Qt4 at the same time [Windows]

Opilki_Inside
22nd March 2006, 16:00
Hello!

Does any one can explain me how I can install both version Qt3 and Qt4 at the same time on WindowsXP? Currently I still using Qt3, because I must support an old big project. But I want to start another project in Qt4... Can I install MSVC 2003 with Qt3 and MSVC 2005 with Qt4 on one operation system?

bitChanger
22nd March 2006, 16:45
Sure, just install Qt 4 without uninstalling Qt 3.

Then whenever you work on projects that need Qt3 or Qt4 set the QTDIR to point to that installation.

(windows for example ...)
QTDIR = c:\Qt\3.x.x

or

QTDIR = c:\Qt\4.x.x

Just right click on MyComputer and select properties.
Under the Advanced tab click on Environment Variables.
Find the QTDIR variable and edit where it points to.
You will have to restart MSVC in windows to see the new env update.

Opilki_Inside
22nd March 2006, 18:22
Sure, just install Qt 4 without uninstalling Qt 3.

Then whenever you work on projects that need Qt3 or Qt4 set the QTDIR to point to that installation.

(windows for example ...)
QTDIR = c:\Qt\3.x.x

Oke, I understood you. But what can you say about integration with Visual Studio?

bitChanger
22nd March 2006, 19:12
I don't use the MSVC integration, sorry. Maybe someone else has insight on that one.

Brandybuck
22nd March 2006, 23:34
Figure out which one you want MSVS integration with, then do without it in the other. Really. You can get by without the integration. It's only a minor annoyance unless you choose to make it a problem.

bitChanger
28th March 2006, 21:47
Another interesting trick: (working on Qt 3 and Qt 4 at the same time)

If you change your env QTDIR=3.x.x and open a Qt version 3 project in MSVC.
Then change your env QTDIR=4.x.x and open a Qt version 4 project in MSVC.

Each instance of MSVC will have the path it needs, so you can compile and run both projects at the same time using two versions of Qt.

This is of course until you close and reopen, then it will take whatever the current env setting is.

:cool: