PDA

View Full Version : v4l2 video capture input in Phonon

abbot
28th May 2008, 15:23
Is it possible to grab the video from the v4l2 device with Qt 4.4/Phonon? I'm trying to playback the video from my tv tuner card.

Rajeshsan
10th March 2010, 04:52
Hi...
Do you know how to interface camera with Qt. I my board i have USB port where few cameras are suppoted by kernel it self. I want to know how to call camera device on Qt Code and to get data (Frames) in Qt Code and Display oin Q MainWindow....

uuleon
10th March 2010, 07:14
I have done something for that ~ Do you use the ARM9?

shathy
10th August 2010, 08:48
Hi,

I am working on the Intel Atom board and I am looking for a solution to capture and play the v4l2 webcam. Please help me if you have done something like this.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Sathees

Laudy
7th September 2010, 11:05
I want to know how to capture the webcam with Qt 4.7
anyone can help?

koder
7th September 2010, 18:58
A lot of questions for answers.

As far as I know, you cannot capture from a camera using Qt. Not directly anyway. And Phonon does not (yet) support that either. You'd need to pass through OpenCV (and DirectShow on Windows). I am guessing that you *could* use V4L2 directly through a pipe or something. But that would make it platform dependent as well as easily breakable.

But anyone knows a better way. I would love to hear about it too!

lohitha.r
16th February 2011, 11:31
Hi all,

I am using Qt 4.7.1 in linux (slackware 13). using QtCreator for UI development.
I searched and tried, to use phonon for multimedia support in Qt. I found that, we can easily use phonon to play the stored file, but in order to capture image, yet there is no support in Qt - phonon(after searching I came to know this). What we can do is, using gstreamer we can capture the video. Any how phonon also uses gstreamer.
Now the problem is, I have the video capture module(in C), and Qt widget. Don't know how to copy the image content into Qt videowidget or Qt Image(The image format i'm getting is yuv).
Please help how to integrate this??
Thanks in advance. If I am wrong anywhere please guide me in proper direction.

--
Lohith