PDA

View Full Version : I can't build a .xcode file generated by qmake on Mac X?

gtthang
11th January 2006, 08:29
I use qmake to generate .xcode file for my project and when I use XCode to build it, I get an error message: "/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a(new_op.o) illegal reference to symbol: ___cxa_allocate_exception defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib".
I don't know why because I tried on another Mac OS X computer then it works fine.
Thankyou for helping.

axeljaeger
11th January 2006, 15:14
Does it work when you use a Makefile? If you pass -spec macx-g++ qmake will generate a Makefile. Which version of Mac OS are you using? Which version of xcode? I think you use xcode < 2 because of the extension .xcode and not .xcodeproj

gtthang
12th January 2006, 03:05
Thanks for replying,
I generated a Makefile by qmake (as your advice) and used it to build my project, but I get same error:

ld: warning -L: directory name (/usr/local/pgsql/lib) does not exist
ld: warning -L: directory name (/usr/local/mysql/lib) does not exist
ld: warning -L: directory name (/private/tmp/qt-stuff/source/qt-mac-commercial-desktop-4.0.0/lib) does not exist
ld: warning -F: directory name (/private/tmp/qt-stuff/source/qt-mac-commercial-desktop-4.0.0/lib) does not exist
ld: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a(new_op.o) illegal reference to symbol: ___cxa_allocate_exception defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

I'm using Mac OS X 10.3.9 and XCode 1.5. Is my process of installing softwares (MacX, XCode, Qt4,...) wrong?

axeljaeger
12th January 2006, 18:41
What about these warnings? They say that a few directories are missing.