PDA

View Full Version : Steps to configure Ctags with QDevelop

gmx234
9th June 2008, 15:01
Hello,

I have a problem regarding Ctags installation and configuration for QDevelop 0.25 under Windows. I have also checked other threads (I have exactly the same problem as Phil Winder from http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12953&referrerid=6713) but I don't understand how can I solve it.

I do the following steps:

Download Ctags,
Configure properly Ctags in QDevelop using the "external tools" menu
(path to the binary file of ctags).
Build a tag file with the following command: ctags -R * in the project
directory, generating a tag file in the same directory.

The code autocompletion of QDevelop is not working. Could anyone show me
the steps on how to install and configure Ctags in Qdevelop ? Do I have to place the TAG file somewhere, or include it in QDevelop somehow? I feel completely lost...

Thanks in advance.

philwinder
10th June 2008, 11:33
You dont have to compile the code completion yourself. QDevelop will do that for you.
Make sure that your path info is all correct, I suspect it is.

The problem is probably that you have the wrong version. You have to get the newest version from the SVN repository. In the downloadable version it hasnt been fixed.
This problem was fixed in revision R320.

Cheers,
Phil Winder

gmx234
10th June 2008, 12:48
Thanks for your reply, Phil.

How can I download and compile the source code of QDevelop ? I'm using Windows...

gmx234
10th June 2008, 13:35
OK, I have downloaded the source code of QDevelop (version 0.26-svn) through Subversion and compiled it.

Still pressing Ctrl+SPace does not make auto-completion appear...Any ideas?

gmx234
10th June 2008, 15:24
OK, Ctags seems to work with Qt Classes *only*, both in 0.25 and 0.26-svn versions of Qdevelop.

So my last question is... is there any way to use ctags with my own classes ? (for example, custom widgets,etc...)

philwinder
10th June 2008, 21:05
Well its definately working now. It works for me on the same platform. I think if you hit the refresh button at the top left of open c files that might do it. Bear in mind that there might be some of your functions that do not work because QDevelop cannot see them, like things in libraries and the like.

Qt code complete is the most important anyway!

gmx234
11th June 2008, 01:12
Hitting the refresh button from the editor when a C file is opened makes no effect...

Is there any place where I should place my project files in order that ctags/Qdevelop can see them ?

philwinder
11th June 2008, 23:41
Nope, should be working as is. You dont have to move any files. Try and create a simple example. Ive just downloaded the newest SVN version re-make'd it created a new project with a dialog and on the main.cpp type "win." and lots of juicy completes pop up!

Phil