PDA

View Full Version : I've just begun using QT, and I need some help

AlonL
9th June 2008, 21:34
I'm programming with Visual Studio 2008.

First of all, I created a project using the information here:
http://wiki.qtcentre.org/index.php?title=Paul%27s_autoBuild:_Qt4_with_Visua l_Studio
It works and everything, and I would like to know if theres a way to create a Visual Studio Template, that would appear in the new project templates, with these settings.

Second thing is that all my projects appear with a console window behind them.
I can make it disappear using FreeConsole(), but it still flickers for a moment when I open any of the programs, I wouldn't like that.

wysota
9th June 2008, 21:57
Remove CONFIG += console from your project file and rerun qmake.

AlonL
10th June 2008, 12:51
Um, I'm not using qmake to create projects, I use Visual Studio, I have no .pro files :|

wysota
10th June 2008, 14:13
You are on your own then. You have to find a proper configuration option in visual studio. I really suggest you do use pro files regardless of what environment you are working with.

AlonL
10th June 2008, 16:18
I see...
Why is that?
I just really like using the VS IDE, do you know of any way I can configure it to create projects and compile them with qmake?

jpn
10th June 2008, 17:18
I see...
Why is that?
It gives you and others the freedom to compile the project in any environment supported by qmake.

I just really like using the VS IDE, do you know of any way I can configure it to create projects and compile them with qmake?
qmake doesn't compile anything but only generates makefiles and project files. Just run "qmake -tp vc" to create a Visual Studio project file.

wysota
10th June 2008, 19:29
Just run "qmake -tp vc" to create a Visual Studio project file.

... from an existing qmake project.

AlonL
10th June 2008, 20:59
Thanks!
Works great.