PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.2 apps segfaulting

IndigoJo
22nd June 2008, 13:08
Hi everyone,

I've just tried installing Qt 4.2.3 on openSUSE 11 (I had previously installed it on Fedora 9, and the same thing happens as does here). Qt itself first fails to configure, telling you it does not know the endianness (surely it can easily detect the system type and deduce the endianness from that?); when I specify little endian and then build, it puts up a string of warnings saying "type qualifiers ignored on function return type" with virtually every file compiled; when it finally installs and I try to run a Qt GUI app, like Designer, it segfaults without even opening a window.

Is this a GCC issue? I've installed Qt 4.2.3 in a sandbox without any of these problems on Ubuntu Hardy.

Failing that, is there any way to make Qt Designer without building the rest of the Qt library? The reason I need that version of Designer is so I can make my forms backward compatible, since forms built with Designer 4.3 or 4.4 won't compile with Qt 4.2 because they use new layout properties, which I can't find any way of disabling.

jacek
25th June 2008, 00:29
Maybe instead of building Qt, you should look for some old Qt 4.2 package and take Qt Designer binary from it?