PDA

View Full Version : QTableWidget

rick_st3
24th June 2008, 11:12
Hi..
Can i create a table with certain cells with a "read only" property...??? i did look up the documentation of QTableWidget but did not find any answers... Any clues anyone...?? thanks...

munna
24th June 2008, 11:21
Each cell of QTableWidget is an object of QTableWidgetItem. You can use setFlags function of QTableWidgetItem class to make the cell read only.

rick_st3
24th June 2008, 11:28
thanks mate.... and also i wanted to know whether i can include a spinbox or a combobox in a cell...

munna
24th June 2008, 11:30
void setCellWidget ( int row, int column, QWidget * widget )

jpn
24th June 2008, 11:37
Spin Box Delegate Example (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/itemviews-spinboxdelegate.html)

rick_st3
25th June 2008, 07:03
got it..!! thanks all...!!

rick_st3
25th June 2008, 08:40
Each cell of QTableWidget is an object of QTableWidgetItem. You can use setFlags function of QTableWidgetItem class to make the cell read only.

i cannot set the flags off...!!! :crying: please help...!!!

jpn
25th June 2008, 09:16
i cannot set the flags off...!!! :crying: please help...!!!
Could you show us how you try to set them off?

rick_st3
25th June 2008, 09:27
Could you show us how you try to set them off?

thats exactly what i cannot think of..!! :crying:
I checked the documentation for setting the flag values but the problem is all of them are for enabling them...none of them are to disable them...!! i tried
exht->setFlags(Qt::ItemIsEditable(false)); and
exht->setFlags(Qt::ItemIsEditable = 0); and all possible combinations i could think of(Now i don't know if the code is right or no) but its just not helping...!!!:crying: please help...!!!

jpn
25th June 2008, 13:56
Use bitwise operators:

item->setFlags(item->flags() & ~Qt::ItemIsEditable);

rick_st3
25th June 2008, 14:09
Use bitwise operators:

item->setFlags(item->flags() & ~Qt::ItemIsEditable);

guru indeed...!!! thanks a ton mate...!!:)

rick_st3
26th June 2008, 10:39
Spin Box Delegate Example (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/itemviews-spinboxdelegate.html)

i went through the tutorial...and now i can include a spinbox or a doublespinbox using delegates... but now what i cannot understand is what if i wanted to include the spinbox(or any other widget) in just a few cells(keeping the other cells normal) instead of the all the cells..??? will have to make another delegate to implement the QTableWidgetItem ...?? or is there any way i can apply the delegate to just a few cells instead of making a model of the entire table and then including the delegates..??? please advice... thanks...

jpn
26th June 2008, 11:38
There are several ways to achieve that. One extremely simple but not that dynamic way would be to check the column and row number in createEditor(). For example:

QWidget* MyItemDelegate::createEditor(QWidget* parent, const QStyleOptionViewItem& option, const QModelIndex& index) const
{
if (index.column() == 3 && index.row() > 2) {
return customEditor;
}
return 0; // or return QItemDelegate::createEditor(parent, option, index);
}

A bit more flexible way would be to use user roles to store the information:

tableWidgetItem->setData(Qt::UserRole, true);

QWidget* MyItemDelegate::createEditor(QWidget* parent, const QStyleOptionViewItem& option, const QModelIndex& index) const
{
if (index.data(Qt::UserRole).toBool() == true) {
return customEditor;
}
return 0; // or return QItemDelegate::createEditor(parent, option, index);
}

You can also consider using item/cell widgets as already suggested, but just be aware that they don't really integrate to the model-view framework. They're just something laid by hand on top of views.