PDA

View Full Version : problem installing qwt 5.1.1 on linux for ARM

raman_31181
24th June 2008, 13:51
Hello,
I want to use Qwt libraries for ARM9 target running on Linux.Is there any way to build qwt for using on ARM target.For example for Qtopiacore4.3.3 if we specify ./configure -embedded arm and then run gmake and then gmake install we get cross compiled libraries for ARM target.Does qwt provide somerhing similar to this which can generate .so files for ARM target?Please help.....
I have looked for similar threads on this forum but couldnt get any clue....
I am using Qtopia 4.3.3 version here.
host: fedora 6
target : cirrus arm9 processor

I tried doing the following :
1)extracted the tar file in qtopia folder
2)ran qmake and make in that sequence.It builds using arm-linux-g++.Thats the encouraging part.But I get the following error:

usr/local/arm/3.3.2/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/3.3.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /root/qtopia-core-opensource-src-4.3.3/lib/libQtDesigner.so when searching for -lQtDesigner
/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/3.3.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /root/qtopia-core-opensource-src-4.3.3/lib/libQtDesigner.so when searching for -lQtDesigner
/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/3.3.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lQtDesigner
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [plugins/designer/libqwt_designer_plugin.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/qtopia-core-opensource-src-4.3.3/qwt-5.1.1/designer'
make: *** [sub-designer-make_default] Error 2
what could be the error?any ideas?

just to add to what I said earlier.I have been able to compile this for PC.i.e.I am able to compile the example codes for the PC.It is the cross compiling for ARM task which is giving me problems....

jacek
25th June 2008, 00:13
The build breakes on designer plugin. I don't think you need it for target device. See if you can convince Qwt not to build the plugin.

Uwe
25th June 2008, 07:03
In qwtconfig.pri you can enable/disable, which parts of Qwt will be build.

Uwe

raman_31181
25th June 2008, 07:15
Thnaks a lot jacek and Uwe.I commented out the QwtDesigner part in qwtconfig.pri file and it compiled fine this time.So thats done.
Now I compiled qwt the examples as well by using
cd examples
qmake
make
But when I check out the example folders I dont find any arm executables there.There are some moc and object files no doubt but my basic idea is to test these examples out on the ARM board.Any idea as to how do I get an ARM executable from these files?

Secondly for running qwt examples on the board do I need to copy any additional libraries on the board?Because I remember having copied Qtopia cross compiled libs on the board to get Qt examples running on the board.

Thanks again for the help :)

mcan
18th August 2010, 15:51
i have same problem, did you fix it? i copied libraries but now when i execute qwt examples on my board console says its working but in screen nothing appear... and i cant compile qwt designer... what can i do?