PDA

View Full Version : problem with qt-3.0.0

winarko
24th June 2008, 16:06
I made some application using qt-embedded-free-3.0.0, but when I executed on my arm board , the following error messages occured:

./myapp -qws

./myapp: error while loading shared libraries: /qt/lib/libqte.so.3: symbol nl_langinfo, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Can anyone help me?

regards,

winarko

jacek
25th June 2008, 00:14
It looks like the glibc on your system is different from the one which Qt is linked with.

winarko
25th June 2008, 13:30
Yes, I think so. my glibc version is glibc-2.2.2.
So,do u have any idea how to solve it?
Which version of glibc that can be used with qt 3?

jacek
25th June 2008, 23:14
Which version of glibc that can be used with qt 3?
The problem is not that Qt doesn't like the glibc version, but that you have used different glibc for compilation and different in the runtime. When you compile Qt, make sure that the linker will use a glic version that is binary compatible with glibc installed on target machine.

winarko
26th June 2008, 12:51
So, do you mean i can use any version of glibc, and gcc to compile any Qt version?

jacek
26th June 2008, 23:12
So, do you mean i can use any version of glibc, and gcc to compile any Qt version?
No, you have to use a supported version.

What I meant is that you have to use compatible glibc versions for compilation and runtime, because now it seems that in the runtime you use a different glibc.

winarko
29th June 2008, 05:54
Can u give me a list about which compilation and runtime glibc that match?
I mean for example when I used glibc version 2.2.3 in my Linux PC, which glibc version that I should put on my embedded devices?

jacek
29th June 2008, 16:56
I mean for example when I used glibc version 2.2.3 in my Linux PC, which glibc version that I should put on my embedded devices?
Use the same one.

ram136682
23rd August 2008, 17:13
Hi you can also check the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable is linked to the above path ...