PDA

View Full Version : QTextEdit - copy and paste problems in X11

chezifresh
26th June 2008, 02:03
I have a QTextEdit that uses a QSyntaxHighlighter to pretty up the text. However this same issues happens with rich text.

If you select some text, right click and copy the text then try to paste it into a program like thunderbird it doesn't paste anything. If you choose "Paste without formatting" it works perfectly fine.

Anyone else have this problem? It seems like there's some problem with the mime data coming out of the text edit. This happens for 4.4, 4.3 ...

Also xcopy doesnt seem to work at all in QTextEdits (select text, then middle mouse click to paste). They both smell like bugs to me but I was hoping someone has a workaround

jpn
28th June 2008, 22:52
If you select some text, right click and copy the text then try to paste it into a program like thunderbird it doesn't paste anything.
Hmm, it works fine for me with Qt/X11 4.4.0. I used the rich text demo (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/demos-textedit.html) shipped together with Qt and Thunderbird. See the attached screenshot.

chezifresh
30th June 2008, 20:21
Interesting... I just tried the same example and it didn't work for me at all. I can still copy it to the clipboard but the only thing that works is 'Paste Without Formatting' so I can only paste plain text. And X-Copy still doesn't work for me either.

So I just checked and I have 2 builds of Qt, 4.3.4 and 4.4, I was using the 4.3.4 version. It looks like 4.4 is doing the right thing now. Thanks for the response