PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4,4 on Solaris 10 compilation error

ToddAtWSU
27th June 2008, 15:22
I am trying to build Qt 4.4.0 on Solaris 10. We have just upgraded our machines from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 and I thought this would be a great time to upgrade Qt from 4.3.0 to 4.4.0. I have had to modify my configure script from when I installed 4.3.0 based on some compilation errors I was getting but now I am getting a compilation error that I cannot figure out what I need to modify in .configure to get it to compile correctly. My configure call looks like

./configure -I /opt/oracle/rdbms/public -L /opt/scim/oracle/lib32 -qt-gif -opengl -no-tablet -qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng -no-qt3support -nomake examples -qt-sql-oci -no-xmlpatterns -no-webkit -no-phonon

The first 2 times I tried to compile I errored out on compiling xmlpatterns so I disabled those. Then I errored out on webkit so I disabled no-webkit. When I looked in the help for ./configure I noticed it said you need a decent C++ compiler to compile xmlpatterns, webkit, and phonon so I also disabled phonon guessing I would error out on it too. Now am I getting an error complaining it cannot find -lQtWebKit which makes sense since I configured with -no-webkit. What else do I need to disable to be able to build. I am using solaris-cc if this helps any.

ld: fatal: library -lQtWebKit: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to browser
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'browser'
Current working directory /tracker/Qt/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.4.0/demos/browser
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'sub-browser-make_default'
Current working directory /tracker/Qt/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.4.0/demos
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'sub-demos-make_default-ordered'

Thanks for your help!

Rayven
27th June 2008, 18:58
What compiler are you using? Sun CC? The Supported Platforms (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/supported-platforms.html) says it supports Solaris 5.9 and up but the Supported Compilers (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/compiler-notes.html#forte-developer-sun-studio-solaris) says to use Sun Studio 9 or Sun Studio 10. You may want to upgrade to these compilers if possible. You may also want to disable the building of the examples if they are not needed.

ToddAtWSU
1st July 2008, 13:24
Once I added the lines -nomake demos and -nomake assistant, it compiled and built just fine and now I have Qt 4.4.0...now to fix some issues it has brought up...